Home: Rituals interior fragrances

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

Disclaimer: I share my home with three cats, one boyfriend and two teenage boys. Not to be a hater or anything, but that's SIX creatures that add mess and different (pleasant or not) smells to our living areas. I have a pretty sensitive nose, and a busy life with a never ending to do list, and nothing calms my type-a mind like sitting down in a tidy space that smells nice. Preferably with a cat in my lap and some candles burning, and Rihanna's Anti album playing in the background. With the kids getting older and toys taking up less space in our living area, we've managed to put a bit more style into our home. 

I'm happy with the way our space looks now, but there's always room for improvement. You can imagine my excitement when I received a HUGE gift box from Rituals, containing six of their home perfume products for different parts of the house. I love Rituals' fragrances (we always buy our deodorant and car perfume there), and their items don't just smell good, they also look great as home accessories. Let me give you a small tour of some corners of our home, and Rituals' home perfumes.

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

I started getting 'into' plants about a year ago, and I've since built up my confidence that I CAN actually take care of plants without all of them dying on me. Nothing depresses me like a dying plant, man. However, we have floor to ceiling windows, and no window sills, so for plants that need some sunlight that leaves fewer options to place them. 

My mom suggested I'd get a small table to sit in front of the window, next to our sitting area, and when I spotted this little hipster table I knew it would be perfect. It was €30, from Aldi of all places, and it's big enough for three of our plants. Since we have a little mandarine tree, Rituals' Happy Buddha parfum d'interieur, €25, fits right in - it smells of sweet oranges and cedar wood. Love it. I usually spritz some on our couch and carpets, which hold the smell and release it slowly. Rituals advises you to use it on a cold radiator heating or lamp, as scent will start spreading as the items heats up.

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

Then there's these two: this silvery maitre du parfum tassel, €25 looks as good as it smells, as does the Ritual of Sakura scented candle, €18,50. The tassel comes with a little pipette bottle of rice milk perfumed oil, which you use to put drops of fragrance on the tassel. You can hang it anywhere, really, and the fragrance should last about 6 months of use. The candle will burn for 50 hours before running out, and smells of rice milk and cherry blossoms.

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

In our hallway, I've put this bottle of fragrance oil + fragrance sticks, €24,50, also in the Sakura rice milk and cherry blossom scent. The bottle looks super classy, with a bamboo cap sitting on white glass, and the fragrance should last you three months.

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

Hold up, can we talk about how ADORABLE this little cacti bowl is? I put it together myself and I'm super proud of how my little project came together. I got the pot and the plants all at Euroflora, our local plant and decoration store, and I think everything together it cost me like 35€. Not bad, right?

But back to the topic: I used it as a backdrop for my picture of the wardrobe perfume, €15, because my wardrobe is hardly the most photogenic setting. The box contains two bags of wardrobe perfume, each of which should give off scent for about 10 weeks. The Ritual of Dao smells like yi yi ren and lotus.

Home: Rituals interior fragrances

Finally, my faaaaav (I'm obsessed with this one and will definitely buy another for myself when this one runs out): the private collection Woody Vanilla fragrance sticks, €39,50. I love the elegant black glass bottle that comes with a cork, I love the gold seal, and most of all, I love that scent. 

My dude and I are both HUGE fans of anything vanilla, and the woody base gives the sweet scent grounding, making for a gorgeous mix of feminine and masculine elements that I wish I could smell always and everywhere. The box comes with an extra set of sticks, and all in all the fragrance should last 5 months. €40 seems like a lot on first glance to spend on interior perfume, but it really is a steal if you know you'll be sitting in a gorgeously smelling home for almost half a year. 

So! I guess you know what to put on your Christmas wishlist (or what to buy someone else, of course!). And if you have any home fragrance favourites or tips, leave them below, please! I still have a Rituals fig scented candle on my wishlist.

No comments