Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review

Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review: bounce around

I'm a bit late to the party, but MAC debuted the limited edition Soft Serve eyeshadow line back in June, and I love the formula so much I figured I might as well review it since the product is still available online (and possibly in stores). Soft serve is, coincidentally, my favourite type of ice cream, and this cream/powder shadow formula is also my favourite eyemakeup to wear when I want to keep things simple but still have some fun with my makeup. I received the product in Bounce Around - let's dig into that review!

Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review: bounce around
Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review: bounce around

The Soft Serve eyeshadows remind me a lot of the awesome Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono eyeshadows, with their mousse-y formula that sits somewhere between a powder and a cream. The best thing about this formula is that it is PACKED with tiny shimmery glitter, feels silky smooth on your skin, and has zero fall-out. You can apply it with a brush, but I prefer using my fingers because this is such a fuss-free product to just dab on and go about your day. Bounce around is a beautiful neutral taupe base with a cool, silver shimmer, almost coming across like a duochrome.

Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review
Beauty: MAC Soft Serve eyeshadow review

The Soft Serve eyeshadow can be applied super sheer for just a wash of shimmer, or layered on for a more opaque look, but the finish remains light and soft. The most wearable, everyday take on glitter, basically, and very chic. Like I said, you get zero fallout with this product (there's some glitter under my eye but that's just because I also applied it there), and it does not crease, smudge or fade. Bounce Around keeps looking fresh all day.

This is a short little review because there really isn't much to add: the texture is amazing, the product looks lovely and applies easily, and the wear is great. The price isn't cheap, at €21, but if you're the type of person who likes to keep their makeup simple and low maintenance, this is a GREAT base for your stash because it translates so well from day to night, especially if you get it in a neutral colour. To me, the product is worth it, especially considering these are pretty much perfect dupes for the more expensive Dior Diorshow Fusion Monos. Thumbs up!

No comments