Outfit: vintage maxy dress, linen blazer

What do you get when you mix my newfound love for anything flowy and maxi with my desire to look at least kind of elegant and professional? This little hybrid gem of a look!

outfit: white linen blazer, vintage floral button through maxi dress

outfit: white linen blazer, vintage floral button through maxi dress
outfit: vintage floral button through maxi dress, vintage leather belt
outfit: vintage floral button through maxi dress
fibi & clo sandals, vintage floral button through maxi dress
quartz necklace, floral button through maxi dress
outfit: vintage floral button through maxi dress
maxi button through dress: vintage via Think Twice - bracelet, handbag: & Other Stories - sandals: c/o Fibi & Clo - blazer: c/o McGregor - sunglasses: c/o Polette - necklace: c/o Lobogato - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington
pictures by Maya

I never would have thought that a vintage floral button through maxi dress would work paired with a blazer, but this is a combination I discovered while in San Juan (I can hear you thinking - "when is she ever going to stfu about Puerto Rico?" Answer: never). We went out at night for cocktails, I was wearing a maxi dress to deal with the heat and I just slipped on my blazer to shield my shoulders from the incessant airconditioning everywhere - et voila, a perfect combination was born! I absolutely love it. Unexpected, but not as forced as the whole leather-jacket-with-femme-dress shtick that's been done to death. This look, however, is FRESH TO DEATH.

Now that I see these pictures, I can't believe how long I doubted before buying this dress. It was only 3€ in the monthly Think Twice vintage sales, and yet I was going back and forth in my mind like "will I ever wear this? Isn't it dowdy"? Uhm yes and uhm no: it's the most gloriously perfect garment for my personal preferences, and it looks sexy as fuck while still being somewhat elegant. Can you say leg action? Also, it's 100% cotton. If thrifting and vintage shopping has taught me one lesson, it is to never walk out on anything made out of cotton or silk.

4 comments

  1. Killer combo! Staat je super. Ben ook fan van maxi button through kleedjes. TT does it again :)

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This combination looks great on you, glad that you stumbled upon it.

    Mimi & Chichi

    ReplyDelete