Outfit: rose gold Tevas and boyfriend jeans

casual outfit: boyfriend jeans and Teva sandals



casual outfit: boyfriend jeans, crochet top
magnolia blossoms
casual outfit: boyfriend jeans and Teva sandals
casual outfit: boyfriend jeans and Teva sandals
cross body bag, daniel wellington watch, boyfriend jeans
rose gold nail polish, diamanti per tutti ring, daniel wellington watch
rose gold metallic teva original sandals
magnolia blossoms
casual outfit: boyfriend jeans and Teva sandals
boyfriend jeans: H&M - belt: c/o Lavand - top: c/o Selected - cross body bag: Mango - sunglasses: c/o Polette - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti - sandals: c/o Teva - necklace: c/o Lobogato

If there's one thing I've said time and time again on this blog, it's that I absolutely love sandals. Freeing my toes from the prison that is closed toe shoes is the one thing I look most forward to when spring starts blossoming. I feel like I've become a bit of a comfortable sandal expert after years of trying different brands and styles. The number one most comfortable pair of sandals for my feet is this Salina style by Birkenstock because they keep my feet peachy even after a full day of walking thanks to the shock absorbing sole and the arch support. These Tevas are a great runner up, though. 

Just like Birkenstock, Teva is a classic brand favoured by seasoned sandal-wearers because of their comfort and durability. Just like Birkenstock, Teva has a bad name for valuing comfort over style. Just like with Birkenstocks, I've never understood this stigma. I mean, comfort is THE most important thing when it comes to shoes. Style is nice, but comfort is the baseline to me, and too many shoes completely forget about that baseline. So when a brand does remember that shoes are supposed to support you throughout your day, I'd much rather applaud that effort than mock it.

That being said, it is really nice when a brand makes a conscious effort to up their style game without neglecting the qualities that gave them a dedicated following in the first place, and Teva has definitely been doing interesting things recently. Case in point: these Teva original universals in metallic leather. The rose gold is stunning, as is the cracked snakeskin finish, and the basic utilitarian shape of the foam sole and the adjustable velcro straps is one of those cases of "why fix it if it ain't broken". I'm also pretty sure that a lot of you will fall in love with their Teva x Nastygal collab flatforms.

So, uhm, lesson of today: never disrespect the classics, man. They are classics for a reason.

12 comments

  1. Die Teva's staan je echt heel cool :D Ik ben fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you are really killing it with this outfit! Plus it's funny, it's like you are totally reading my mind lately because I've really been contemplating getting a pair of those Tevas in gold or silver. I love my Birkenstocks and because I have sensitive feet, I need to wear them. I'm glad they are "in" again. I definetely value comfort over stlye when it comes to shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I have very bad feet as well, and when there's no sock or insole between my foot and the sandal, I really need a good fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik ben nog maar net geacclimatiseerd aan het feit dat Birkenstocks geen slofkes zijn om thuis de badkamer mee te kuisen dus ik skip deze :D Wel kei leuke outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. prachtige outfit weer! die boyfriend staat u goeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ze zien er inderdaad heel comfy uit! En voormooi, wat voor orthopedische schoenen een unicum is.) Misschien koop ik er wel een paar voor mijn reis naar Mexico :-) Merci voor de tip, Annebeth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik hoop met deze schoenen nul last te hebben aan mijn tere voetjes, birkenstocks vermoorden helaas mijn kleine tenen :(
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welk birkenstock model heb jij? Kan veel verschil maken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Een brede band (ik denk Madrid), mss moet ik eens voor iets fijner gaan dan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoe minder je voeten kunnen schuiven hoe beter. Ik heb altijd last aan mijn voeten bij enige vorm van wrijving, en bij deze salinas niks omdat ze goed vast zitten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Klinkt plausibel :) bedankt voor de tip!

    ReplyDelete